The Lausanne Consultation on Jewish Evangelism (LCJE) maintains a website at www.LCJE.net. Twenty-eight member agencies network through consultations coordinated in eight regions of the world. The purposes for their meetings are to:
- Share information and resources
- Study and report on current trends
- Stimulate one another’s thinking on theological and missiological issues
- Strategize on a global level so that more Jewish people will hear and consider the Good News of Jesus the Messiah
- Arrange consultations that will be useful to those engaged in Jewish evangelism
Lausanne Movement statements supporting Jewish evangelism include Lausanne Occasional Paper (LOP) #7, ‘Christian Witness to the Jewish People’; LOP #60, ‘Jewish Evangelism: A call to the church’; and The Cape Town Commitment.
We affirm that whereas the Jewish people were not strangers to the covenants and promises of God, in the way that Paul describes the Gentiles, they still stand in need of reconciliation to God through the Messiah Jesus. There is no difference, said Paul, between Jew and Gentile in sin; neither is there any difference in salvation. Only in and through the cross can both have access to God the Father through the one Spirit. The Cape Town Commitment II-B-1
The tenth International Conference of the LCJE was held in August 2015.