Consultation for North American Younger Leaders
24 Jul 2012 · 26 Jul 2012
Madison, Wisconsin, USA
As the landscape of North America and the world rapidly changes, followers of Christ are called to respond in ways that others are wooed to the goodness of God.
- How do we boldly proclaim the gospel in a pluralistic society?
- How do we seek to be healers to many in need?
- What does true unity and partnership look like across the lines that divide us?
These are the types of questions 120 select leaders in their 20s and 30s throughout North America will speak into at the Lausanne Consultation for North American Younger Leaders, to be held July 24-26, 2012, in Madison, Wisconsin. The gathering will bring together change-agents and thought-practitioners whom God has raised up from the U.S. and Canada.
For three days, participants will listen and speak deeply into the issues they are passionate about, share openly with other younger leaders in ministry, and experience creative worship which will lead to a deeper passion and contribution for service in God’s kingdom.
The gathering will be structured around working groups, with participants reflecting on the six major themes of The Cape Town Commitment:
- Bearing witness to the truth of Christ in a pluralistic, globalized world
- Building the peace of Christ in our divided and broken world
- Living the love of Christ among people of other faiths
- Discerning the will of Christ for wo rld evangelization
- Calling the Church of Christ back to humility, integrity, and simplicity
- Partnering in the Body of Christ for unity in mission
Participants will then look to the future as they plan how to work together to implement what they discuss.
The gathering is by invitation only. Inquiries about attending can be sent to [email protected]. If you have received an invitation to register, please use the link below.
For more information please visit the FAQs page.