The most effective evangelistic methodology under heaven.
Church planting is ‘the single most effective evangelistic methodology under heaven’.1
The Lausanne Movement is dedicated to global mission and recognizes the vital part that planting and nurturing new local church fellowships has in reaching the world for Christ. The Lausanne Church Planting issue network began in 2014 and is based on the values stated in The Lausanne Covenant and motivated by the Call to Action in The Cape Town Commitment.
The purpose of the Lausanne Church Planting issue network is to promote global mission through connecting influencers and ideas around the theme of church planting, with a view to promote critical reflection, increase collaboration, and stimulate effectiveness.
Action steps that help us reach our goal are:
1. Promote a worldwide research study on church planting.
2. Identify the key ideas and issues facing global church planting efforts and encourage platforms for collaborative reflection on them.
3. Connect key influencers and ideas by promoting consultations at many different levels. Example of key issues being discussed:
4. Encourage church planting by publishing stories of church planters, especially of the unsung heroes.
5. Promote the development of collaborative church planting platforms.
6. Publish articles and books that contribute to global mission through church planting.
7. Promote leadership training and opportunities for the next generation of church planters.
The Church Planting issue network welcomes the involvement of all who share the same passion. While there is a place for everyone interested in church planting, we particularly welcome:
1 Wagner, Peter. Church Planting for Greater Harvest. California: Regal Books, 1990.